Before it was Hangouts, now Google Meet. This application allows Google users to create and join online meetings. Before it only specialized in offering services to those who pay, mainly companies and educational centers, but as of April 2020, all users can use it free of charge and the meeting can include up to 100 participants. However, since September of the same year, Google Meet puts a meeting time limit on users who do not pay, but the time is a little longer than the one that Zoom puts, that is, 60 minutes against 40 minutes.
- Able to join video conference without WiFi or data connection
- All calls password protected
- Avoid the hassle of switches
- Meeting call service
- Integration with Google Calendar for one-click meeting calls
- Share screens for all users
- They can generate subtitles at the same time they speak, by AI
- Sometimes disconnections happen, especially in large meetings
- It always asks users to rate it, even if they are in a meeting
- Audio and video quality is not good from time to time
- Free users have a time limit of 60 minutes.
- All participants must have a Google account
- Takes a lot of space
Pros and cons compared to Zoom
- Best for a quick meeting
- Additional subtitles
- You can share files on the chat screen
- Covers fewer people
- Not many collaboration tools
- More favorable to free users
How do we start a video call?
- Log in with our Google account or register to create a new one.
- We can create a video call.
- Invite other participants to enter the meeting room.
- We send a link or code of the meeting to the indicated people. Also, those who want to enter have to use their Google account.