India’s technology boom has taken the world’s center stage. It began with coming into line with the world in internet availability and the development of 5G capabilities. The country prioritized digitizing this most populous nation in the world, and they are accomplishing that task.
High-speed internet access opened the door for e-commerce on a national level. India looks to the internet for shopping, conducting international business, education, and global events. Indian people are using their electronics for entertainment. They watch live-stream movies, attend musical events, explore esports tournaments, and enjoy online lotteries. With open-odds betting, Indians can bet on the largest lotteries in the world and check official lotto results here. This is just a fraction of the entertainment that has become available in recent years. Now, India is taking the next big step in technology.
The OTT Market
To say the OTT Market is changing Indian entertainment is a significant understatement. It is probably the biggest technological change India will address in this century. Let’s examine what this market is and why it is so important.
What is OTT
OTT stands for over-the-top media services. OTT refers to any service (such as movie streaming) available with the internet instead of distribution networks like cable and DTH, Television, and broadcasting stations. This is a major breakthrough for content delivery for general business purposes, training in various fields (such as medical specialties), and entertainment providers in every venue. The delivery of the information costs less than traditional broadcasting, which is increasing its popularity among global companies and general viewers. Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur expects the OTT market in India to grow by 21% or 2-Billion in the coming months. Further, due to the advancement of technology and the skilled IT workforce available in India, the entertainment sector could generate $25-Billion annually by 2025.
Building your brand
The OTT industry has achieved the ability to offer seamless content viewing over a variety of devices and platforms. This is critical for OTT platform owners. They build their sustainable followers and build their audience base.
OTT platforms are a top priority for advertisers and marketing companies. The ad market in this field is forecasted to exceed $700 billion globally. This is the primary reason for the significant shift in the advertising industry toward these entertainment mediums.
With a total ad spend for OTT platforms expected to pass $300 billion and the international ad market to exceed $700 billion, OTT becomes a top priority for advertisers to shift focus toward these entertainment mediums.
As advertisers explore this field of revenue to put their product in front of quality traffic, they are experiencing audience growth and an increase in their investments. It is a winning situation for all involved.
Top OTT Platforms currently in India
India already has a big start on quality OTT platforms. Here are a few of them:
- Disney+ Hotstar
- Disney owns the service, and you get access to Marvel, Star Wars, and tons of Disney animated movies and shows. The platform contains TV shows, web series, sports, kid’s content, and news.
- Amazon Prime Video
- Known in India for its original web series such as Mirzapur, The Family Man, Tandav, Paatal Lok, and One-Mic Stand. You also claim international TV shows and movies, regional content, Bollywood, kid’s content, and iconic TV shows. Prime Video is available in six Indian languages and English. Amazon Prime membership costs Rs 179 monthly, Rs 459 for three months, and Rs 999 a year.
- MX Player
- Users are provided with syndicated content along with its own originals. The streaming service is free of cost, but it interrupts your experience by showing ads between consuming content.
- There are several Netflix subscription plans. Mobile, Basic, Standard, and Premium starting at Rs 149 monthly. Netflix works on smartphones, streaming devices, smart TVs, tablets, and computers.
- ZEE5 offers 2800+ Blockbuster Movies, over 150 Web Series, and TV shows, ad-free, Access to ZEE5 and AltBalaji’c content, and use on three screens. They offer a 3-month subscription or a one-year subscription.
There are many more options with various features and prices. Check out:
- Sony LIV
- Sun NXT
- YouTube Premium
You will undoubtedly find the selections, features, and prices you are looking for. If not, hang on. More names are being added to the list as OTT grows in India.
The following form of global entertainment is here. India is in a vital position to be the industry leader. If you do not know about OTT, we urge you to look into it. As the entertainment industry evolves, you will hear more about it daily. There is much more OTT will do for consumers. We suggest you look into them for yourself. You will see OTT has come into its own in India.