Facebook Lite is a reduced version of the original app of the famous social network “Facebook”. It is designed for people with low-end devices or who want a lighter and faster app. SPEED INSURED!
What is Facebook Lite and what is it for?
In terms of its appearance and operation, it is quite similar to the normal Facebook that we all know. Well, being much smaller it downloads quickly.
In the same way, by using little data and a fairly reduced Internet, it works much faster. This means that you can upload your photos in a few seconds, and see the latest updates that your family or companions post recently.
It is the best option for those who do not have a large capacity for Android. They can easily support the original version of Facebook.
What are the features of Facebook Lite?
Actually Facebook Lite offers a fairly basic operation. Its features are reduced compared to the original app. It works perfectly with the use of little mobile data and a slow Internet, which is not very efficient.
- Among its most relevant characteristics you can find the following:
- It has the integrated Facebook Messenger, including not only the text but the stickers and the option to send audios and photos.
- Quickly update your notifications, messages and friend request tabs.
- You can comment with text or stickers.
- Allows you to like photos, statuses and videos.
- Your search tab has the same level of reach as the original app.
- The profile can be updated without difficulties and hurdles.
- You can add states in the Timeline without any inconvenience.
Advantages and disadvantages of Facebook Lite
Next, we will tell you some advantages and disadvantages of the two applications, showing which are the biggest differences that you will notice between each of them:
- The first notable advantage of the Lite version over the original is that it takes up very little space on the device, compared to most of today’s essential applications.
- The issue of how much RAM each one uses can also be very relevant. Especially if you have a low-end cell phone. The original version can use up to 30 Mb, while the Lite only 8 Mb.
The big disadvantage that can be found in Facebook Lite is the lack of certain typical Facebook functions, such as stories or being able to place different reactions when liking a publication.
- Despite the previous point, it can be noted that the Lite is much more fluid in terms of operation. It is because it uses a smaller amount of mobile data and it does not have so many features that must be updated at the same time. So you will be able to better enjoy the social network itself.
- A significant disadvantage is a fact that, in order for the images in Lite to load more quickly. They appear quite small, which, although they continue to have good quality, cannot be appreciated in such detail.
- The fact that visually the Lite version of Facebook is much simpler than the original version. It can be a bit uncomfortable and not very aesthetic for some more demanding users.
Is Facebook Lite better than the original version?
Both applications are quite good and functional. The final decision must be made based on the needs of each user and how indispensable the functions that Lite does not offer so far are considered.
Facebook Lite is still the best option to keep up to date with what is happening on the social network, without spending a large amount of data. When you do not have a Wi-Fi network at hand, or a computer to review it more calmly and comfortably.